News World's first Thunderbolt 5 cable launched, 120 Gbps and 240W charging for $23 — Cable Matters new cable available now

Much like DP2.1 cables anything beyond 1m length will need to be active cables and the price will balloon (2m TB4 active cable with 240W charging goes for ~$70). At least in the case of TB5 there should already be an active cable specification so people shouldn't have to wait too long before cables of greater length arrive.

DougMcC

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
Good timing, I had just decided over the weekend that I needed to replace some worn cables that were developing trouble connecting reliably. Bought a set of these making for nice future proofing on either transfer speed or wattage needs.

abufrejoval

Reputable
Jun 19, 2020
3 foot cable... that's definitely long enough from a pc to a monitor.
Not so worried about the length, because only notebooks have TB or could make do with only 240 Watts anyway.

But can you still bend it?
At least a little?

Reminds me of my shock when I got my OWC TB4 hub delivered and it was such a big heavy package!

The hub was indeed tiny and light even in a full metal chassis.
But the power supply was a huge and heavy brick!

DougMcC

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
Not so worried about the length, because only notebooks have TB or could make do with only 240 Watts anyway.

But can you still bend it?
At least a little?

Reminds me of my shock when I got my OWC TB4 hub delivered and it was such a big heavy package!

The hub was indeed tiny and light even in a full metal chassis.
But the power supply was a huge and heavy brick!
Not sure if this meets your need but FWIW: mine arrived packaged coiled into ~4in diameter. So cable matters thinks you can bend it at least a little.

jp7189

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2012

TRENDING THREADS