World's Thinnest E-Ink Watch Meets $200K Goal in Less than 48 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
This generation desperately needs a Douglas Adams. He'd know just what to say about this watch. For me, it seems like a digital watch with no particularly special features that only lasts for a month without recharging is a gigantic step backwards.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009

You don't look at time sideways.... you wear it so that when you lift your arm in front of you, like you would raise your hand to go to the bathroom in Kindergarten, you can read the time.

basketcase87

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]You don't look at time sideways.... you wear it so that when you lift your arm in front of you, like you would raise your hand to go to the bathroom in Kindergarten, you can read the time.[/citation]That's an incredibly uncomfortable way to look at a watch. Sure, that orientation works when you're actually raising your hand, but you can't read a watch when it's waving in the air over your head- you need it in front of your face. So you're left trying to get your arm in a vertical position with your wrist directly in front of your face. I don't know about everyone else, but when I try it out, I find the more traditional position far more comfortable.

nix327

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]You don't look at time sideways.... you wear it so that when you lift your arm in front of you, like you would raise your hand to go to the bathroom in Kindergarten, you can read the time.[/citation]

i agree with bustapr.. it'll be a bit difficult to get a proper view that way..its an awkward design for an expensive watch..

nix327

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
I agree with bustapr and basketcase87..it'll be a bit difficult to view time that way.. its an awkward design for an expensive watch..

Status
Not open for further replies.