Worried about airflow in my system

Danoga

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2vLDw is my build minus that mobo, i used this one instead. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131989&clickid=WY91wTX8CweXQ96VDLQO8Ta%3AUkT1-FQvNzdh0I0&iradid=97618&ircid=2106&irpid=79301&nm_mc=AFC-IR&cm_mmc=AFC-IR-_-na-_-na-_-na

got 1 of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103022

and 3 of http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103077

is my build the fan placement is 2 140MM fans on the front for intake, 1 140MM fan on the top ( possibly 1 of the 120MM fans aswell for outtake and a 120MM fan on the back for outtake. Should i get fans for the side of my case to blow onto the graphics card? or will what i have planned be good enough to not overheat the gpu?

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
Um yeah you shouldn't have any problems with airflow, how ever if you do choose to mount a fan on the side if the case DO NOT GET A HIGH RPM FAN I have it on good authority from a very experienced computer builder that all having a high rpm fan will do is deduct from the overall air flow in the case, instead you can run a low rpm fan so that it just stirs the air, this is only really needed if you feel there will be dead zones in the case (where there is no air flow, commonly behind the gpu). It's more of a peace of mind thing so if you want go for it. Just remember low rpm.

Danoga

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Ok Low rpm got it =) but what im gonna do is go without the side fan for a day or two test the temps if i notice them being to high, i will get 2-3 more fans Low rpm for the side and a high RPM fan on the top for outtake.

Also what is considered low RPM and high RPM

but from the looks of my system should it be good enough?

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
They should just be specified as low rpm fans (speed control works fine) and usually get the biggest on you can fit.

My system I'm running; I7-4930k, gtx 770 4gb, asrock x79 extreme9, 32gb 1333mhz gskill ram, Samsung Evo 120gb ssd, seagate 2tb 7200rpm hdd, game blaster 7.1 sound system, with a thermaltake extreme water cooling kit, all rapped in a thermaltake chaser mark 1 case. Now I have my standard front intake fan and then 2 exhaust fans, one in rear and one on top. I have not experienced any problems with cooling, now given the amount of fans you have you'll have no trouble what so ever just make sure the intakes and exhausts aren't obstructed.

Danoga

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
ah ok i see what ya mean, but the computer will be sitting freely on the top of my desk. ill have it about a bout 6 inches away from the wayy to the side and back of the computer. that should be more than enough air flow

rdc85

Honorable
Just info, High rpm/static pressure fan is good for pushing air thorough obstacle like heatsink, radiator, and some tight dust filter ....

Don't use low rpm fan on those application on other it's fine , <=1200rpm considered low rpm fans....

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
If you just google, low rpm chassis case fan you'll find them

And regarding the other stuff, yeah that'll be good just make sure you clean filters and and fans as often as you can just to eliminate the risk of air flow being blocked by dust.

rdc85

Honorable
Out of context, About fans :

there is some thing to consider : u can get by reading the fan spec...

- Fan frame size (obviously)
- Bearing type : it will effect the lifetime of the fans better (hydro, rifle, ceramic, double ball, twister/magnetic, etc) bearing is priced much higher
- noise: usually on dB lower are better
- Fan rpm : effect noise, air flow, and static pressure .... low rpm are silent..
- airflow : the amount of air is moved by fans... higher are better..

and the last this is rarely stated in spec... (only some good fans/manufacture will state this)
- the static pressure : this is the ability for the fan to move air thought obstacle like heatsink / radiator fin etc...
above 1 is good static.. above 0,7 is ok but the air will disperse when it hit obstacle...

edit: the one u listed is considered an o.k. fans it's quite good for it's price...

for brands/model there are to many for review but u can get info by looking at o.c /w.c.forum

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
Yes they will like I said before the system you have will keep everything perfectly cool, you won't need to stress, you have more then enough fans and if you get worrie stop can always just add/upgrade the fans you have! Have fun and enjoy the build!

Danoga

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
yea im sure everything will run fine. I tend to overthink and worry about things WAY to much. Also i found out my cpu cooler i had wouldnt fit into the rig, so im stuck with using the stock cooler. I mean i dont plan on overclocking at all. So would the stock cpu fan be good enough?

rdc85

Honorable
CFM = Cubic Feet per Minute, measurement standard. higher are better...

That fans is o.k for it price.. but both are sleave bearing (cheapest bearing) so u need clean & oil them after few month..

The best one considered right now is noctua fans but they pricy.. (over kill for using as case fans)

Danoga

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
is it hard to oil and clean them? eventually maybe within a month or so ill upgrade the fans a bit more and get a aftermarket cpu cooler. if i notice temps getting way to hot.

Danoga

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
that sucks. Can you link a good one? that will fit my case? Cause everyone i asked and other forms on this site i read people sait that the stock coolers are fine enough to keep the cpu cool.

rdc85

Honorable
the one considered the best air cooler for budged is cooler master 212 evo, among the best one is Noctua NH-D14 tower cooler / Phanteks PH-TC14PE

they quite big the case may not fit in some, if it not fit then u need LP cooler like Noctua NH-C14..