[SOLVED] worried about heavy CPU cooler

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
Hi, I now have in hand a Snowman MT-6 for budget cooling. Going to install it on my 1050ti gaming pc (on sig), since it's the one with more graphically demanding games, and can get hotter than the other one.

my worry is this MT-6 cooler is quite heavy, and another issue is I saw someone say that moving pc's with heavy coolers installed is bad. Well, I have two pc (on sig), and I tend to use each one for a week, then swap with the other, because they have different games. Are things going to be fine if I'm carrying them carefully, and putting them down very gently?

It's usually okay to carefully move computers, even with heavy CPU coolers attached.

How is that cooler attached? Does it use screws through the back of the motherboard? As long as it doesn't use those cheap plastic clips you should be okay to carefully move the computer around.

Reactions: Tac 25

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi, I now have in hand a Snowman MT-6 for budget cooling. Going to install it on my 1050ti gaming pc (on sig), since it's the one with more graphically demanding games, and can get hotter than the other one.

my worry is this MT-6 cooler is quite heavy, and another issue is I saw someone say that moving pc's with heavy coolers installed is bad. Well, I have two pc (on sig), and I tend to use each one for a week, then swap with the other, because they have different games. Are things going to be fine if I'm carrying them carefully, and putting them down very gently?
That cooler is just 786g not that heavy mine is 1215g and I'm not stressed one bit over moving it.
http://www.cryorig.com/r1-universal_us.php

View: https://imgur.com/IHdk5FV

Reactions: Tac 25

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
@Zerk2012

nice cat avatar. whoa, that's heavy cooler you have, and that's also a good looking pc!

ok, I've decided to install the cooler anyway.. will just be careful when moving the pc around during the weekly swap with the other pc.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
thanks for the info. Noctua is indeed good quality. Have recently upgraded my case fans to Noctua NF-A9.

however, even if I like to get NH-U12s redux for my cpu... currently have no more funds to spare. Have bookmarked the link, might come back to it when funds are available,