Worried about my motherboard (ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I)

Oct 13, 2018
Hey all,

I just bought my first ever gaming pc (which will be build by the shop soon) but i'm worried about the motherboard. I don't know much about it all so I didn't really look at the motherboard size while ordering. I'm wondering if everything will fit and if the motherboard was the correct choice for me. I'm a competitive semi-pro gamer and will be using the pc for livestreaming aswell.

Here are the specs:

⦁ Motherboard- ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I <-- Most worried about because of mini-itx.
⦁ Processor- Intel® Core i7-8700K
⦁ Graphicscard- GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2080 Gaming OC
⦁ RAM- Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4-3200
⦁ SSD- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB
⦁ CPU Cooler- NZXT Kraken X62 AM4
⦁ Case- NZXT H500 Window Black/Blue Tower
⦁ PSU- Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850W
⦁ Operating System- Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Appreciate any help.

Oct 13, 2018
Thanks for the help. So considering i'm going to lack a few featues and usb ports I probably should have went with one of these motherboards right?

- ASUS ROG Strix Z370-H
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming
- ASUS TUF Z390-Pro Gaming

They are same price but ATX instead of mini. I might try and call the shop on monday to see if they want to swap it. Still not sure if that's necessary though... :/

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Stop.
There's no difference other than in size and real estate. You aren't running sli or mgpu, so the extra x16 slots on larger boards are useless. You have 1x ssd. Does it really make a difference if you have 4 or 6 or 8 Sata3 headers? Unless you are aiming for uber high OC at all times, all of the ROG boards will have similar performance, damn good.

So the smaller boards are missing some expansion slots and a few headers. You aren't going to use them anyways, so what's the issue?

Oct 13, 2018

Thanks for the info. So yes there's not really an issue I see but I also see no reason to not switch to the H version. I mean, the shop did not start with the build yet so I can call them tommorow and make the change for free since both boards have the same price. The H version will also probably look better in my medium case.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Aesthetics are important, I don't care what those best bang for the buck, penny pinching ppl say.

It's your build, if that's what you think willook better, than by all means go for it, you gotta look at it, no one else does. At least that's a solid reason for the move rather than worries over performance due to size. No don't go there.