Worried about ordering a psu from amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 13, 2014
Hi

Basically im building a pc and lets just say local tech stores dont have the best of power supplies. My other option is to order it from amazon and thats probably what im gonna do, its just i kinda worry about receiving a faulty one or a dead one and warranty isnt gonna help a lot either since i live outside US and sending a faulty unit back and forth is a big problem. So to sum it up how are u guys' experience in power supply delivery from amazon?

RealBeast

Titan
I've purchased many PSUs from Amazon, which is now my primary supplier since I don't use Newegg as much due to poor shipping packaging issues. No issues with Amazon.

I would recommend any good brand and pretty much always buy Seasonic for my personal builds.

RealBeast

Titan
Just be aware Amazon too lists for third-party vendors. Items specifically says sold and/or fulfilled by Amazon, is handled by Amazon, otherwise any issue, now you have to contact/try to resolve with third party.
Only true if you pay directly through the third party, which Amazon warns you not to do and to contact them if the seller asks for that.

If you either pay through Amazon or the item is Amazon Prime eligible you have customer service directly through Amazon under the A to Z guarantee or the Amzon Prime guarantee.

I have had a few problems with dog treats and third party sellers, including the package being left where a neighborhood dog ate some of them, and Amazon immediately had the third party reship at no cost to me.

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
Just be aware Amazon too lists for third-party vendors. Items specifically says sold and/or fulfilled by Amazon, is handled by Amazon, otherwise any issue, now you have to contact/try to resolve with third party.

So does Newegg. You have to be careful to exclude 3rd party each and every time you do a search.

Greg N

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
Actually I get all my stuff from Newegg but when I don't want to wait Best Buy often has the stuff I need. I do advise you to pick one source and try to stick with it for 80% of your needs, if you establish a long buying history with a place they will give you more slack on the returns.

I like Newegg because a high % of the comments and evaluations provided by users are actually useful.

Greg N

Status
Not open for further replies.