Worries On Building a PC

Spartan3Crusher

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
Hello everyone. This Summer I'm hoping to be getting a part time job and I will be saving up for a new PC. I have already figured out what I want I'm not going to ball out and spend every last dime on a super, mega pc with four way SLI 980s and a over clocked i7 4790k. I'm building a good computer that will run games with good fps. Yet I'm not worried if my parts are good enough I've done the research and I know that the parts will be good for me. The only thing I am really worried about is when I get all these components is how to hook them up. Sure maybe for all of you who read this its easy but this is the first computer I am building and its more complicated for me. How am I suppose to know what this wire goes to. I may be making this harder then it seems but I would really like some positive helping feedback on this. If there is a manual that comes with the components or is it just common knowledge. Please give me some advice on this. Thank you all who have the time to reply.

jafrankl

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
There are many walk-throughs that can assist when assembling. Youtube has quite a few videos and this site has guides as well. Assembly really isn't too tough and the motherboard (and other components) have manuals with installation instructions and recommendations. Also, you can always post and someone on here may be able to help walk you through the assembly process.

Krahll

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
Since it's your first build you should read the manuals they have all the info you need (mostly), plus you can watch youtube videos to clarify your doubts (you can find really nice ones). IMHO is important having patience, and learning about what are you doing. Take your time, observe things make a plan for your install sequence and look for additional info if you have doubts. The second time it'll be a lot easier, but there's really no magic trick, just experience.

Two-way SLI shows large gains over a single card. Three-way and four-way SLI have little, but some, improvement over two-way. You also consume much more power and produce more heat. Consider sticking with two-way SLI.
http://us.hardware.info/reviews/5623/12/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-sli--3-way-sli--4-way-sli-review-conclusion

Can you share the parts list with us for review?

Plenty of guides out there. You would be fine on your own, or with the forum assisting where needed.

jafrankl

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014

Two-way SLI shows moderate improvements, not large. Only up to 50% bonus from the base card in the best cases, typically upgrading to a better single card proves more cost effective for performance than getting SLI.

Also, as stated above, newegg does have great videos on construction, but they are also on Youtube.

Don't want to get into a big debate about SLI/Crossfire but it depends on the application. Most modern titles will see a 90-100% improvement with a second card. Multi GPU setups have come a long way in a few years and adding a second card is becoming a more viable option to improve the performance of your system without breaking the bank.

Spartan3Crusher

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
The parts to my build are.
CPU: Intel i5 4690k
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozer V
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X series 16GB
MotherBoard: Asus Maximus VII Hero ATX LGA1150
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi Modular ATX
SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
HDD: SeaGate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM
WaterCooling: Swiftech H240-X
Fans: Corsair Air Series
Case: CorSair C70 Military Green.

FYI if you are gonna recommend me some other parts I'm going for a black and red theme inside my case so if its not black or red it ain't going to be bought by me. Thank you all who replied.