Worst graphics card ever made?

Deniedstingray

Honorable
Nov 2, 2015
I was sitting here comparing graphics cards to my 1070 for the lols, and came across this: http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1070-vs-Nvidia-GeForce-6200/3609vsm9463. Pretty crazy huh? Im just wondering what the absolute worst gpu of all time is.

Solution
Well S3 made some shit cards back in the day. I happen to have a Diamond Speedstar A90 (with a huge 16MB of Vram) based on the Savage 4 Pro+ gpu and that thing had the worst drivers ever. This was back when Unreal Tournament was fairly new and I wanted to use the special S3metal textures because they looked way way better than the normal ones. Well I got it to work some of the time and the rest of the time not so much. Also had issues with DX and OGL. Another card that had issues was my Voodoo 2. It did Glide perfect but other API's not so much..

Deniedstingray

Honorable
Nov 2, 2015
Yeah! Its so cool to think about. This 1070 will be as good as a pineapple performance wise in 10 years.

Well S3 made some shit cards back in the day. I happen to have a Diamond Speedstar A90 (with a huge 16MB of Vram) based on the Savage 4 Pro+ gpu and that thing had the worst drivers ever. This was back when Unreal Tournament was fairly new and I wanted to use the special S3metal textures because they looked way way better than the normal ones. Well I got it to work some of the time and the rest of the time not so much. Also had issues with DX and OGL. Another card that had issues was my Voodoo 2. It did Glide perfect but other API's not so much..

Solution

Just went into the dungeon and found the MSI NX-6200AX-TD256 and all but one Capacitor is leaking.. But on the the BFG only about half are leaking.. Long term quality control check..... Lol.. Well gonna have to break out the soldering iron and replace them cause I like having working retro parts for old builds.

fluffa

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
my 2 would have to be S3 Trio or a matrox millennium :) both where shit lol you kinda knew the S3 Trio was of the bat, the Matrox was suppose to be a good card but it really really wasn't!

Susquehannock

Honorable
Hmmm .... was comparing my first and last GPUs. Paid over twice as much for the Riva TNT (not 2) from Dell as I did for this RX 480.

The 90mhz TNT was the bomb back then. Friends insisted a 3dfx card was required for 3D graphics. Showed them!