worst performance after overclocking !

ahmedam3

Reputable
Dec 11, 2014
i overclocked my gtx 750ti using EVGA precisionx 16. i raised the clock to +20 and the mem to +15 and got better performance, but when i raised it a bit higher clock to 25 and mem to 20 my score in valley dropped from ~1200 to ~850 and before oc'ing it was ~1000.i reset the default settings but my score is still ~850. i couldn't get it back to normal ! so what did i do wrong ? and how to fix it ?

Solution
850 in Valley is about the right score, although you can get up to 900. To be able to get 1200 is very lucky.
To actually see real world performance you have to play a game that uses a high gpu usage and see the differences in fps.
Benchmarks such as Valley are not reliable sometimes.

Most likely the times where it did get better scores the gpu was cooler and it allowed itself to clock up more.
Try increasing the temp limit and power limit and test in a game instead.
Also +20mhz on the core won't give a massive difference.

-good luck

Anonymouselite5

Distinguished
850 in Valley is about the right score, although you can get up to 900. To be able to get 1200 is very lucky.
To actually see real world performance you have to play a game that uses a high gpu usage and see the differences in fps.
Benchmarks such as Valley are not reliable sometimes.

Most likely the times where it did get better scores the gpu was cooler and it allowed itself to clock up more.
Try increasing the temp limit and power limit and test in a game instead.
Also +20mhz on the core won't give a massive difference.

-good luck

Solution