Question Worst results with 2070 than my 1060..! Need suggestions.

May 20, 2019
Hi !
First things first, here's my built:
-Mobo: Msi X470 Gaming plus
-Cpu: AmdRyzen 5 2600x
-Ram: 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance Lpx 2400mhz
-Psu: Evga 700 b1 ( 700w 80+ bronze )
GPU: Msi 1060 6gb oc gaming plus

So I had a 1060 6 gb oc everything was fine but I wanted to make the switch to the new cards. I bought a gigabyte 2070 oc and.... after all the driver updates, my overall experience was worst than the 1060 ! Since I've installed the new card, I feel like my pc is slower or heavier. The 2070 has high temperatures for the exact same setup as my 1060 example ( overwatch high setting my 1060 would be at 55 celsius, the 2070 was at 67, and just on high setting not ultra). I also tried overwatch on ultra setting but the fps are not there at all, I get a small 75fps and the temperature is around 80 celcius.
I did tried forza horizon 4 on high settings and my pc crashed down...
yes, my case fans are placed correctly, I event did some test with all the fans on max speed and it didn't helped that much. I noticed also that the heat of the gpu now heats up my cpu a lot So I had to tweak my fan setup a little bit.

By big point is, Why is it now so hot, why don't I get much better fps. Should I get refund on amazon and wait/ get another card ?

May 20, 2019
I have a 1080 60hz. ( I know gonna swap soon )

I will try ddu tonight !

I wanted a 2070 to achieved nonsense fps but all I've got is heat hehe

thanks for the reply

May 20, 2019
Also, I did the UserBenchmark yesterday and the results told me that my card was not working as expected ( 29th percentile under ) Do you know what would be the problem ?

Psu: Evga 700 b1 ( 700w 80+ bronze )

How old is this PSU ? The Power supply could also be the cause of this low performance, but for this we need to rule out few things first. Can you check the card by using some other high quality power supply unit ? Or, maybe check the GPU on some other PC, if possible ?

If the card behaves in a similar fashion on some other PC, then maybe it's faulty. But, I'm just making assumptions here.

May 20, 2019
Thanks for the reply !

My PSU is about 1 year old.

I don't have extra psu to test. I have one friend who has a pc but with job schedules we can't see ourselves very often and I have a month to send the gpu back to amazon.