[SOLVED] Worth exchanging a monitor for a dead and stuck sub-pixel

Just got a monitor from Viewsonic. The top of the line Gaming monitor they have in the 24" range Model XG2405.

Saw some good reviews about it and as unlucky as I am, I got a dead/stuck sub-pixel in the bottom right corner. Its stuck on red in white/yellow but black in blue/green.

Now the thing is that I have 1 free replacement of the monitor from Amazon but of this unit is faulty again then I will have to contact manufacturer and they will deny RMA as they have 5pixel policy.

Apart from the dead pixel the colours are good and ips glow is minimal and corner vignette is not present.

So should I take a risk and go for replacement or stay with the current one considering I got it on a offer of 5year 1:1 replacement warranty. I mean there is no guarantee that the next unit will be flawless and the pixel doesn't bother me that much. Hope that it doesn't spread all over the screen.

IMG_20210330_185915.jpg.72102fe1b9ce53a5ae11f0ecfb6d49b2.jpg

Screenshot_2021-03-30-19-11-40-193_com_miui.gallery.jpg.91a7d9e24ea0391a689ac439e0d8d8ed.jpg

Solution
Personally, I would do everything possible to avoid working with Viewsonic.

Granted, it's been around 15 years since I last dealt with them, so I don't know if their customer service has improved any, but back then, their return policy was 14 days (excluding shipping); meaning they had 14 days to resolve the issue before shipping the monitor back to me. The monitor I sent back sat on some shelf for 13 days before it was finally worked on and sent back to me (yes, I checked the status each day). Yes, the monitor was working again, but this was literally a 30 minute fix (swapping a card) and they let it sit for 13 days! Including shipping times, I was without my main display for three weeks.

I will never purchase another Viewsonic item...

Lutfij

Titan
You're asking us to help you decide on what to do with your investment? If I were you I'd stay put. No telling if the monitor returned can be better or worse. Considering you've already rolled the dice(by the looks of it, in the past) and have been unlucky, I'd say no.

Once you meet the dead pixel threshold, or the panel is unbearable within that 5 year period, you can initiate the RMA/return. Right now, you're going to ruin a get out of jail card...early.

Wolfshadw

Titan

Granted, it's been around 15 years since I last dealt with them, so I don't know if their customer service has improved any, but back then, their return policy was 14 days (excluding shipping); meaning they had 14 days to resolve the issue before shipping the monitor back to me. The monitor I sent back sat on some shelf for 13 days before it was finally worked on and sent back to me (yes, I checked the status each day). Yes, the monitor was working again, but this was literally a 30 minute fix (swapping a card) and they let it sit for 13 days! Including shipping times, I was without my main display for three weeks.

I will never purchase another Viewsonic item. If you want to roll the dice with Amazon, that's up to you, but if it were me, I'd just accept it. You'll get used to it in short order.

-Wolf sends

Solution

I will never purchase another Viewsonic item. If you want to roll the dice with Amazon, that's up to you, but if it were me, I'd just accept it. You'll get used to it in short order.

-Wolf sends
I think here their service is decent. 3rd parties provide the service and the Service center who handles Benq handles Viewsonic too. They said they have a 1:1 replacement warranty but I think they just replace the faulty parts and not the whole monitor.