Question Worth the hassel to water cool my R9 Nano with an AIO

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018
So ive seen people do this before weather its jerry rigged or done with something like a g12 kraken graphics card cooling with an AIO is possible and is super easy. The only problem is the R9 Nano isnt compatible with the G12 kraken and lets be honest that jerry rigging doesnt look great. What i was thinking about doing was taking the heatsink off and putting an AIO on top of the cpu and having the fan stay in. My only concern is clearence of the fan and AIO. I wanted to get something small and slim like the rosewill aio. Also by removing the heatsink from the gpu there is clearence at the front of the card (near the 8 pin power) where the tubing can go out from. If this is a good idea just leave a comment. If it wont work and could be improved tell me (just no trolling) thanks in advanced!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Normally I would suggest getting a proper water block, but it has been a while and Nanos weren't all that popular with high end gamers. Not seeing any in the obvious places.

I suppose it really depends on your overall setup if you have the room to do what you want.

Probably more sensible to sell it and replace it with a newer card.

Jerry rigging only looks as bad as you let it. A little effort and you can make anything look good. A little sheet metal and a drill goes a long way to making custom mounts for things.

You do want to be a little careful, supposedly quite easy to damage the HBM stacks with too much pressure or off-angle pressure.

nukesnicks

Commendable
Nov 28, 2018
Normally I would suggest getting a proper water block, but it has been a while and Nanos weren't all that popular with high end gamers. Not seeing any in the obvious places.

I suppose it really depends on your overall setup if you have the room to do what you want.

Probably more sensible to sell it and replace it with a newer card.

Jerry rigging only looks as bad as you let it. A little effort and you can make anything look good. A little sheet metal and a drill goes a long way to making custom mounts for things.

You do want to be a little careful, supposedly quite easy to damage the HBM stacks with too much pressure or off-angle pressure.
Right now for me its not worth it to get a new card. Its not poor its just the card makes a lot of noise which is super annoying from a gaming perspective. Also i dont really have space for a loop nor the money.