Worth the upgrade from A8-7670K to Athlon X4 880K?

Skinners

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
As the title says, I am wondering whether it is worth to upgrade my CPU from my current A8 7670K to the Athlon X4 880K - the PC is for gaming purposes by the way.
I know that the FM2+ socket is trash but I don't really want to have to buy a new mobo to get a better CPU as that would push up the price too much and I'm only 16 so I don't have too much money to spend - unless there are any relatively cheap options to get a new mobo and a better CPU than the 880K.
Also, I was looking at getting either a GTX 1050Ti or RX 570 (4GB) - would there be much difference in performance between both cards to warrant the ~£50 upgrade from 1050Ti to 570, considering the 880K may bottleneck the 570?

Solution
If you don't already have a gpu you must have one to get a 880k... However there is no upside to doing so it's still just a quad core fm2 CPU which you already have. Just overclock your A8. Save your money, start saving towards a new system. It shouldn't take long to save up $300ish bucks for the bones of a new setup.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
If you don't already have a gpu you must have one to get a 880k... However there is no upside to doing so it's still just a quad core fm2 CPU which you already have. Just overclock your A8. Save your money, start saving towards a new system. It shouldn't take long to save up $300ish bucks for the bones of a new setup.

Solution