[SOLVED] Worth the upgrade? Which one?

May 13, 2020
Hi, I want to upgrade my GPU with my current setup, I believe almost any upgrade in GPU will be worth it because buying a new motherboard and CPU is way too expensive, this is my setup:

My budget is up to $200.

Thanks!

:----|:----|:----
CPU | Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Processor | $212.11 @ Amazon
Motherboard | Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard |-
Memory | Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3-1600 Memory |-
Storage | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | $39.88 @ Amazon
Video Card | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB WINDFORCE Video Card |-
Case | Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case | $74.98 @ Amazon
Power Supply | EVGA 500 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply | $49.97 @ Newegg
Monitor | Asus VS247H-P 23.6" 1920x1080 Monitor | $153.72 @ Amazon

Solution
Well, the thing is I almost don´t play a lot of games now because of my GPU (I think).
But some games I would like to play are:
-Total war series (I can play some of them but at low graphics)
-PUGB
-Red dead redemption (not even at medium haha but I want to play it).
-Mount and Blade Bannerlord.
-COD Warzone.

Thanks!

A quick Google search might help you figure out if these games would benefit having more cores. I haven’t had personal experience with these games, so can’t help you out there.

But assuming the CPU isn’t the issue, then yea, the 1650 is a great card. I think on the other camp the 5500 could work(sorry unsure of the pricing at the moment). The older RX 570/580/590 could also be good choices depending on the...
May 13, 2020
I would also say that it depends on the type of games you play. The reason i say that is that 4460 could be an issue if the games you play are more CPU based than GPU based.

Well, the thing is I almost don´t play a lot of games now because of my GPU (I think).
-PUGB
-COD Warzone.

Thanks!

navask01

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2013
-PUGB
-COD Warzone.

Thanks!

A quick Google search might help you figure out if these games would benefit having more cores. I haven’t had personal experience with these games, so can’t help you out there.

But assuming the CPU isn’t the issue, then yea, the 1650 is a great card. I think on the other camp the 5500 could work(sorry unsure of the pricing at the moment). The older RX 570/580/590 could also be good choices depending on the price you find for those.

Solution

JadeHarley

Reputable
May 11, 2018
Thanks for the suggestion!
Do you have a prefered model?
ASUS ROG STRIX OC is the best
EVGA SC Ultra kinda good too
INNO3D and MSI middle
And ZOTAC, Palit is the worst, but it doesnt mean they are not useable, it's up to you, which you want to buy, faster and better cooling, or budget one it's gonna work well yeah yeah, but a bit worse.

May 13, 2020
ASUS ROG STRIX OC is the best
EVGA SC Ultra kinda good too
INNO3D and MSI middle
And ZOTAC, Palit is the worst, but it doesnt mean they are not useable, it's up to you, which you want to buy, faster and better cooling, or budget one it's gonna work well yeah yeah, but a bit worse.
Thank you, I´ll have it in mind!

TRENDING THREADS