[SOLVED] worth upgrading cpu

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Deathstrike1987

Prominent
Apr 10, 2019
hi i currently have a ryzen 5 2600x and i am thinking about upgrading to a ryzen 5 3600x and swapping out my motherboard to a better one i currently have a aorus elite b450 and i am looking at a x570 mpg gaming pro carbon is it worth it for me to upgrade processors and boards if you need any more info on my system i will happily share just ask
thanks for your time

Solution
hi i currently have a ryzen 5 2600x and i am thinking about upgrading to a ryzen 5 3600x and swapping out my motherboard to a better one i currently have a aorus elite b450 and i am looking at a x570 mpg gaming pro carbon is it worth it for me to upgrade processors and boards if you need any more info on my system i will happily share just ask
thanks for your time
2600X-3600X i say its not worth it.
Aorus b450 elite support new 5000 series cpu's,so unless you are really trying to push some overclocks on the new 5000 series cpu (if you upgrade to it) its not worth changing the motherboard either imo.
So save ur money

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
We actually had a vega 64 same price as my 1070 ti but problem was it's a blower design and that was before lockdown now they go for double.
On to the main question.I would wait before i upgrade cpu or even gpu.They will have more stock soon and the 3xxx parts should drop in prices by then.

The problem with the 5xxx models is we have them in stock but they are double the price of my R5 2600 so a bad investment price to performance.Nvidia said i think end of Feb there will be stock?Can't remember but problem now is scalpers buy the gpu's and sell it for twice the price.Best is to wait till stock are available.