[SOLVED] Worth upgrading my video card

xmasholiday

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2013
I have a gtx 1070ti and was thinking of getting a RX 6800 or a RX 6800 XT do you guys think its a big enough upgrade in terms of power to be worth it. Plus I got a feeling 2021 is going to be a great year for games. I play alot of games and also been playing alot of VR lately too. I recently just upgraded my pc to ryzen 5 3600x, msi bazooka b450 max wifi motherboard ddr4 3400mhz Gskill I think was the brand could be something else but its nice ram either way. the only part of the old pc i had and kept was the gtx 1070ti but is it worth upgrading.

Last edited:
Solution
Yes... with your system it will benefit from the newer AMD cards and you'll see a nice improvement over the older 1070 ti.

Just make sure to first boot into safety mood with the 1070 ti and DDU your Nvidia drivers before installing the newer AMD GPU after you shut the system down.

tecmo34

Administrator

tecmo34

Administrator
Yes... with your system it will benefit from the newer AMD cards and you'll see a nice improvement over the older 1070 ti.

Just make sure to first boot into safety mood with the 1070 ti and DDU your Nvidia drivers before installing the newer AMD GPU after you shut the system down.

Solution

xmasholiday

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2013
woohoo that sounds great and reminds me maybe I should update my bios to the latest version before installing the new card well thanks alot all the info I needed to hear I was holding out for a bit at the time of my upgrade the only video cards out where the gtx 2080 series or whatever im glad i waited for the new rtx 3000 and AMD series