Worth upgrading or buying a new PC?

Sep 2, 2018
Hello, I would like to upgrade my PC but I don't know it I should upgrade or buy new stuff

My PC:

Intel Core i3 2100
Nvidia GTX 950
8gb ram
AsusTek P8H61-M

Would like to upgrade my CPU and buy an SSD

Waiting for your feedback :)

Solution
Depends what you're doing. If this is for modern Gaming, you'll probably want a full system upgrade. A GTX 950 is only really capable of Low-Medium settings at 1080p 60 FPS in most modern games, unless you're mostly just playing casual/esports titles which aren't as demanding. As for CPU, something like a Ryzen 5 2600 or Core i5 8400 would be a solid upgrade, but an i3 8100 is a solid CPU if you're looking for bang for buck Gaming capabilities. Just note, you'd need a new Motherboard and DDR4 RAM to do this. I personally wouldn't bother upgrading on your current socket unless your budget is absolutely too tight to get a newer platform. Hope this helps! :)

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador
Depends what you're doing. If this is for modern Gaming, you'll probably want a full system upgrade. A GTX 950 is only really capable of Low-Medium settings at 1080p 60 FPS in most modern games, unless you're mostly just playing casual/esports titles which aren't as demanding. As for CPU, something like a Ryzen 5 2600 or Core i5 8400 would be a solid upgrade, but an i3 8100 is a solid CPU if you're looking for bang for buck Gaming capabilities. Just note, you'd need a new Motherboard and DDR4 RAM to do this. I personally wouldn't bother upgrading on your current socket unless your budget is absolutely too tight to get a newer platform. Hope this helps! :)

Solution

What's the current issue that causes you to want to upgrade?

Sep 2, 2018
My PC is starting to run a bit slow and I would like to play one day Star Citizen, when it'll be more optimized. I would say that my budget is a bit tight, i'm only 16 and I don't have a lot of money coming.

And also, I need to change my motherboard to have a i5 8400??

You need new ram (ddr4) and a new motherboard to be able to use the 8400.