[SOLVED] worth upgrading platform?

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Sorry in advance for the longer than average post, but I wanted to get all the information I could get in here to help you know what you are giving your opinion on.

ok, so I'm not new to this as many of you have seen me around here offering help and advice in this area, but for me I'm kind of torn and would like some 3rd party input on the matter.

Currently as you can see with my CPU-Z signature, I am running the following specs:

CPU: i7-6700K OC@4.6Ghz
Mobo: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
RAM: 16GB Kingston ValueRAM 2400Mhz (2x8)
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC (Black Edition)
PSU: CX 600w Semi Modular (yeah I know, it's supposedly not the best, but it's been working flawlessly without a single issue so I think I'm good for right now)

I currently have a second PC which is a Dell Optiplex 9010 with an i7-3770 and 8GB of RAM that I use exclusively for streaming with a capture card plugged in for both gaming on my PC and consoles.

But as of late for a while now I've not been streaming much if at all because of work and school and have been thinking of just selling the stream PC along with my mobo/CPU/RAM and upgrading to Ryzen.

My question for you is do you think it's worth it to upgrade? Because in terms of gaming I think I'm pretty much covered still when it comes to my 6700K, but at the same time since I just want to sell my stream PC and main parts to upgrade, I would of course like to have a CPU that can handle streaming at a decent enough bitrate at 720p while gaming and also be there for when I play on console.

The parts I was looking into getting are these, while I know that I could save some money with a B450 and a Ryzen 5 2600, I wanted to go a bit bigger for the sake of streaming while gaming on the main rig.

And while I have a 1440p 144Hz G-Sync monitor, I don't mind playing games at more medium settings or even going windowed mode at 1080p if I have to with frame rates under 100. I've played many games at 80fps average and it's fine, and because of G-Sync it's smooth as butter.

Anywho, here's the upgrade parts I was looking at not only for the extra cores and threads for streaming, but the X470 for helping me to overclock as far as possible with my Kraken X62.
And I've chosen flashier RAM cuz I obviously want something nice to look good in my Meshify C TG and to go with all the other RGB in it, and also because it happens to be on the QVL of the motherboard to help me ensure that they will run at their rated speed, and because it's samsung memory hopefully maybe even overclock the RAM past it's rated speed to help improve the overall performance of the CPU overclock.

So yeah, what is your opinion on my potential decision to upgrade?
Yay or Nay?
And try to provide concrete reasons to support your argument as that can help me better see it from your point of view.
This is not only a question that needs an answer, but a discussion about upgrading/not upgrading and for what reasons.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor ($259.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard ($189.00 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $578.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-08 02:37 EST-0500

Solution
As your PC is doing the job at the moment i think you'd be better off waiting for Ryzen 3 in June/July.

There's no need to upgrade right now and you'll get more bang for your buck with the next gen.