[SOLVED] Worth waiting?

Jul 25, 2019
I'm doing a rebuild this year and have got most of the money ready to go.

I'm thinking:
Ryzen 3700x
Corsair vengeance 3200 (16gb)
B450 Tomahawk max
Corsair case
Corsair hydro H100 cpu cooler

I don't know whether to go for it now or wait until black Friday. In your guys experience does black Friday give much discount on parts? The cpu has gone down in price slightly lately so I dunno whether to just go for it.

Is it worth waiting?

Solution
Sometimes there are killer deals. But you can't be stuck on specific parts. You have to be willing to compromise and get something with acceptable specs rather than an exact part you want. Which also means really knowing components which are on the market. As the best deals will show up and be gone in a flash.

Also black friday tactics are changing. Retailers are extending the deals earlier in the month. That killer deal may show up a week or two weeks before Black Friday. Perhaps it'll be on Cyber Monday.

Personally I never wait for Black Friday. It's pretty rare there is a deal on something I want. Definitely not worth the wait. I'd most certainly never queue up at a store before it opens. I'd say just buy now. Rather than waiting...
Sometimes there are killer deals. But you can't be stuck on specific parts. You have to be willing to compromise and get something with acceptable specs rather than an exact part you want. Which also means really knowing components which are on the market. As the best deals will show up and be gone in a flash.

Also black friday tactics are changing. Retailers are extending the deals earlier in the month. That killer deal may show up a week or two weeks before Black Friday. Perhaps it'll be on Cyber Monday.

Personally I never wait for Black Friday. It's pretty rare there is a deal on something I want. Definitely not worth the wait. I'd most certainly never queue up at a store before it opens. I'd say just buy now. Rather than waiting two months for a possible deal that may never materialize or not be much of a discount.

Solution
Jul 25, 2019
Thanks guys, you just confirmed what I was thinking.

Its like last year. I really wanted a switch for my lad for Christmas and I knew there was a deal on before black Friday so got online pretty early doors and they were sold out. Miraculously got back in stock when the deal ended.

There's too many sneaky tactics for me. Also this way I don't have to wait 2 months to build it haha

Cyber Monday has always been a joke. Just regurgitated second rate black Friday deals with limited remaining stock.

Like black Friday in all other product categories, it's not necessarily that you'll get better deals, but there will be more deals in effect at the same time.