[SOLVED] Would 2 Fans on a Heatsink cause a difference?

Solution
Having 2 fans can help hence why some coolers come as standard with 2. However you would want the second fan to be a static pressure type and that coolers very basic fin and heat pipe design may see limited gain. Only way to know is to try it.
Having 2 fans can help hence why some coolers come as standard with 2. However you would want the second fan to be a static pressure type and that coolers very basic fin and heat pipe design may see limited gain. Only way to know is to try it.

Solution
Feb 7, 2018
Thanks for the quick reply, I have two questions though. Which way would I put the fan to face? Would it be pulling in air or pushing it out? Also how would I check if my fan is a static pressure type? I have an Arctic f12 pwm. Thanks

You would set it up so one fan pushes air into the fins and the other pulls the air out, so both blow air in the same direction.

That is a case fan so is for Air Flow and not static pressure. Static pressure fans are those designed to be mounted on coolers or radiators. Corsair mark theirs with AF or SP in their model name. You can try your fan but as it’s not a static pressure type it will be less efficient in this scenario.

Reactions: DMAN999