[SOLVED] Would a 1650 fit into a SFF PC Without a bracket

manlol

Reputable
Apr 27, 2019
I am looking to buy a good GPU that has a low power consumption, doesnt need a power connecter, and will fit into a smaller build that needs a low profile bracket, i was originally looking at the 1050ti low profile edition which comes with a low profile bracket and will easily fit into my system, but i saw the 1650 which i know isn't the best of cards and has gotten some "controversy" upon release, but its cheaper than the 1050ti, performs better, and doesnt need a power connector, the bracket is full height on it but other than that, the card looks pretty small, if i were to just take off the bracket completely, would it be able to fit into a system that needs a low profile bracket?

Solution
Not sure if it will fit properly without a bracket.
But depending on where you live, you may be able to get a used 1050 Ti for a lot less.

Otherwise, it would be a trial and error sort of deal with that 1650.
So you can either get a 1050 Ti LP now, or get a 1650 Ti LP when they come out since they have been more or less confirmed.

But as for a 1650 LP, it's a waiting game just to see if they'll ever release.

But generally no, removing the bracket won't work.

The card's PCB itself usually has to be custom designed and trimmed down to be shorter so it fits inside SFF cases like the Dell Optiplex so just removing the bracket won't work.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Not sure if it will fit properly without a bracket.
But depending on where you live, you may be able to get a used 1050 Ti for a lot less.

Otherwise, it would be a trial and error sort of deal with that 1650.
So you can either get a 1050 Ti LP now, or get a 1650 Ti LP when they come out since they have been more or less confirmed.

But as for a 1650 LP, it's a waiting game just to see if they'll ever release.

But generally no, removing the bracket won't work.

The card's PCB itself usually has to be custom designed and trimmed down to be shorter so it fits inside SFF cases like the Dell Optiplex so just removing the bracket won't work.

Solution