[SOLVED] Would a 2.8 GHz help load heavy sites with Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustedmetal

Reputable
Sep 30, 2018
I revived a Viao CR-220e laptop with the most recent updates and is extremely responsive when surfing the only thing that i need to figure out how to improve is how some heavy websites (for lack of a better word) don't load all the content in the site for example; IGN. Any suggestions on what could improve this? Do you think swapping the processor for a bit beefier one will help with this? I have Firefox 52.9.0esr browser on it as it is probably the best for Vista at this stage. It's got 4GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 / 2 GHz. Thank much!!

runner105

Reputable
Jul 6, 2018
First off, I don't think you'll be able to upgrade the processor since it's a laptop. Your problem seems to be more related to the browser itself. Have you tried Pale Moon or Opera browsers?

rustedmetal

Reputable
Sep 30, 2018
First off, I don't think you'll be able to upgrade the processor since it's a laptop. Your problem seems to be more related to the browser itself. Have you tried Pale Moon or Opera browsers?
The processor is updateable. I was looking at the intel extreme x9000 which is compatible but it comes at whopping $70 on ebay. No, i haven't tried Opera since i heard that FireFox is the best one and as far as PaleMoon...i don't know...where can i find it?

rustedmetal

Reputable
Sep 30, 2018
Why are you running a browser version that's years out of date and doesn't support any of the new web extensions? That's likely 99% of your problem. It also doesn't help that you're only running 4GB RAM.
Well, i know that. But this is a project that i'm working on to learn about laptops including very old ones. This browser is the last supported one for Vista that's probably the best. And the RAM is maxed out so i can't do much there.

Well, i know that. But this is a project that i'm working on to learn about laptops including very old ones. This browser is the last supported one for Vista that's probably the best. And the RAM is maxed out so i can't do much there.
And that is precisely why you are having problems. That old browser does not support today's internet protocols and will never work properly.

mkaafy

Reputable
Jan 14, 2020

New Moon and Serpent browsers are still supported by some Windows Vista fans on MSFN forum. You may want to check it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS