Would a Corsair HX 620 do good with my computer?

mport9491

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
CPU:Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Memory: Corsair 4gb (2x2) 800 mhz
Motherboard: GA-EP45-UD3P
1 DVD drive
1 HDD - WD 320 gb
GFX: Diamond Radeon 4870
PSU : 500W Raidmax ATX12V Power

So basically, I had problems with my system crashing before since I had Raidmax as my psu. I recently saw this Corsair HX620 and I was wondering if this would make my computer running.

My problem before was while using my computer, my monitor shuts off all of a sudden and my video card makes a loud noise (i guess its the fan). People told me that I had problems with my psu and I have to change it asap.

Their explanation was my raidmax had 22a on the 12v rail. Which only gives about 264W of power. Since I'm using a quad and a radeon 4870, they told me that the power the psu was producing was insufficient.

So if I purchase this Corsair 620...
Would solve the crashing problems?
Here's a review of the PSU : http://www.corsair.com/products/hx/default.aspx

I think the phrase needed here is "No brainer".

Excellent choice! Both the Corsair HX620 and the newer HX650 are more than sufficient for your system. In fact either one could power a system with two 4870 video cards.

ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 System Requirements:

PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard

500 watt or greater power supply with two 75 watt, 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended

600 watt or greater power supply with four 75 watt, 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode.

Corsair is one of the brands that has a reputation for high quality power supplies that consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are reliable, stable, and come with a 5 year warranty.

TRENDING THREADS