[SOLVED] Would a CPU still work iff it got an unused pin broken?

Solution
If your PC can run Prime95 on all cores and OCCT Power Mode without errors, at stock speed and voltage, for 1 hour or so, then I doubt it's related to CPU, and you wouldn't probably notice any hiccups anyway during daily usage.

For the crunch in audio, go to device manager, uninstall all realtek drivers, and manually select Stock Microsoft HD Audio driver. If it still doesn't work, just get a cheap PCIe sound card.

maillet

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2014
just asking since some pins got dirty with cpu compound and the comp still works exept for a regular crunch noise when i listen to music. was wondering iff the bug can be related to dirty pins or iff a cpu wouldent work at all with dirty pins

maillet

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2014
CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 2700X
Motherboard: GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
RAM: 16Gb DDR4 2933MHz, Corsair Vengeance LPX
Graphic Card: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
SSD: Crucial MX500 1To
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1To
Wi-Fi Adapter: TP-LINK AC600 Archer T2U Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter
Case: NZXT S340 Elite, With 4 chasis fans
Power Supplie: SeaSonic Focus Plus series, 850W, gold certified, full
Modular

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
it can't be related to the headphones since the sound follows with the crunch it has to be hardware related
Well if it was 4 sections there is a chance it could be semi grounding out because the one on the motherboard only supports 3. I’d look into getting a usb sound card or maybe a pci soundblaster card depending on your budget. Could also get usb headphones

The Tiger

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
If your PC can run Prime95 on all cores and OCCT Power Mode without errors, at stock speed and voltage, for 1 hour or so, then I doubt it's related to CPU, and you wouldn't probably notice any hiccups anyway during daily usage.

For the crunch in audio, go to device manager, uninstall all realtek drivers, and manually select Stock Microsoft HD Audio driver. If it still doesn't work, just get a cheap PCIe sound card.

Solution