Would a CPU upgrade help?

SlimRed

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017
Hello all.

I am a streamer and was curious if a CPU upgrade is needed to increase my experience.

I have an i7 4770k @ 3.5 GHz (3 years old), a brand new 1060 SC 6 GB card and 16 RAM. My internet and OBS settings are fine.

When I stream I get only decent FPS, even when I'm playing at low gfx settings. Would a CPU upgrade help this issue pretty significantly?

Its the only thing I can think of that is causing the low performance when streaming considering it's 3 years old and perhaps not as up to date with newer games.

If so, what would be a good CPU upgrade?

Thanks.

tanckattb

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
Have you tried overclocking? I think you would get better fps (even if it's just a few) if you try overclocking it. If you really don't wanna overclock, well, DEAL WITH IT.

kidding haha
It really isn't a good idea to upgrade (it's only 3 years old). Maybe wait a year or two more.

If you wanna upgrade NOW, get a ryzen processor. It has incredible Multi threaded capabilities, and its number of cores will do good for streaming AND gaming at the same time.

What game do you play btw I wanna see your stream xD

SlimRed

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017

Thanks for the response. I'm more of a variety streamer atm, just started.

https://www.twitch.tv/slim__red

SlimRed

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017

A SC 1060 card is more than capable of streaming games at high quality with good fps, let alone low quality.

SlimRed

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017

Do you know of any Intel cards that would suffice? More knowledgeable on them.

A Core i7 6800K would work if you must have intel.

SlimRed

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017

I'll look into them both. Appreciate it

TRENDING THREADS