[SOLVED] Would a dying or old SSD affect frame rate?

Apr 26, 2021
I know that a dying HDD can but would a SSD affect frame rate too? Would it theoretically not since it has no moving parts?

Solution
I know that a dying HDD can but would a SSD affect frame rate too? Would it theoretically not since it has no moving parts?
Neither directly affects frame rates, only indirectly while paging to virtual memory, that can be a lot of reading/writing which takes resources from CPU and rest of system.
SSDs are inherently faster and can read and write thru 4 channels at same time so less resources are used. If you suspect HDD or SSD check them properly, low frame rates are not valid indicator.
Neither directly affects frame rates, only indirectly while paging to virtual memory, that can be a lot of reading/writing which takes resources from CPU and rest of system.
SSDs are inherently faster and can read and write thru 4 channels at same time so less resources are used. If you suspect HDD or SSD check them properly, low frame rates are not valid indicator.

Solution
Wj

When does an application usually need something from the storage?
First one is at game loading of course but after that is for instance when reading maps or extending them, Paging memory to page file in OS is most common during game play because not all code can fit into RAM itself. OS also pages memory without regard of what else it's doing (like playing games). Depending on program/game GPU and video in general may also do same thing.
Programs/games usually preload all of that in the background so it's not immediately obvious, you can notice it by watching disk activity light on the case. Prolonged steady or fast blinking light is sure sign of much disk activity.