Question Would a faulty motherboard cause these bluescreens?

Billowleaf

Prominent
Feb 16, 2021
I have the ASUS Tuf b550m plus Wi-Fi, and I bought it February of last year. Over the course of the year I got intermittent driver crashes, that look like this. This was annoying and I thought because I had a RX 580 4gb, that that was the cause of it because no amount of driver updates and reinstallation fixed it. I bought myself the shiny new 6900xt a few months ago for msrp, and I noticed that the problems persisted. I tried everything to fix it, but the problem just kept getting more and more frequent. I started to get all sorts of bluescreens and they seemed to get more and more bizarre. I got pictures of most of them, but the one that was most common was system_service_exception. But with every passing day my computer becomes less and less useable. I find that the issues don’t happen at a specific time when I am doing something, it just randomly dies. I didn’t notice any correlation between the errors and things happening on my pc, and even task manager and more monitoring software didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. I am now rushing this because my mobo isn’t picking up my cpu cooler, but it is indeed spinning. The amd software says it isn’t spinning, but the cpu is clearly spinning, and it constantly is maxing out because it thinks that it isn’t spinning. Is there anything I can do?

https://ibb.co/VmcXHDg
https://ibb.co/ZSkyfPJ
https://ibb.co/C9vSZpf
https://ibb.co/JqsRznR

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What are the complete specs for this rig (make/model of all installed components? Be sure to provide the exact make/model of your power supply.

Is your motherboard BIOS up to date? Are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?

Billowleaf

Prominent
Feb 16, 2021
What are the complete specs for this rig (make/model of all installed components? Be sure to provide the exact make/model of your power supply.

Is your motherboard BIOS up to date? Are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?
Sorry I was trying to get home so I could see my spec list. I have a Ryzen 5 5600x, 3600mhzX4 ram sticks, asus tuf b550m plus Wi-Fi, ASrock ocformula 6900xt, 2X2 tb ssd, 1 tb hhd. 100W evga G5.

everything is up to date bios wise and I have even reinstalled the drivers for most of the stuff

COLGeek

Cybernaut
1000w PSU, not 100w. Right?

Try this, lower your memory speed to 2133 (the default DDR4 speed). If the problems go away, try increasing the speeds (use the different XMP profiles) until no longer stable. Not all systems will work with all memory at rated speeds. You may have to drop back to 3200 or even 3000.

Billowleaf

Prominent
Feb 16, 2021
1000w PSU, not 100w. Right?

Try this, lower your memory speed to 2133 (the default DDR4 speed). If the problems go away, try increasing the speeds (use the different XMP profiles) until no longer stable. Not all systems will work with all memory at rated speeds. You may have to drop back to 3200 or even 3000.
I tried lowering memory speeds down to 2133 like you recommended. It was working pretty fine at for about a year so I don’t really don’t know what else to try, I also got a new bluescreen today, driver_verification_detected_violation

Last edited:

Billowleaf

Prominent
Feb 16, 2021
Before assuming a defective component, it would be good to rule out a Windows issue. Have you tried booting your system with a Live Linux distro to see if it is stable under that OS?
Ok so I know its been a couple of days, but I ended up trying everything including linux live distro and it turns out there were some corrupted windows files that it couldn't repair, and so after a while of trying everything else I could think of I wiped my hard drive, so in windows, I don't get the message when I run sfc /scannow, but I am still experiencing bluescreening. the latest was DPC_Watchdog_violation, which again would lead me to believe its the motherboard. Is there really anything else I can try??