Would a msi z97 gaming motherboard be able to support a GTX 1060?

dakki2040

Reputable
Jul 18, 2014
Hi all,

I would like to ask if i could use a GTX 1060 on a MSI Z97 gaming motherboard.

If not, what is the latest GPU i would be able to use.

Many thanks in advance for the help.

Solution
Hi. Yes, your motherboard supports any GPU that runs on a PCI-E slot, which is like 99.99% of GPUs today. However, you should be more concerned whether your CPU and PSU are good enough for a 1060. If you have an i5 or i7, you're good to go(especially overclockable ones). You'd also need at least an 80+ Bronze 450 W power supply, but 500 W is preferred. If you have all these, only then consider moving to the 1060.

IF you could tell us your CPU and PSU, we can recommend the best GPU for your system.
Hi. Yes, your motherboard supports any GPU that runs on a PCI-E slot, which is like 99.99% of GPUs today. However, you should be more concerned whether your CPU and PSU are good enough for a 1060. If you have an i5 or i7, you're good to go(especially overclockable ones). You'd also need at least an 80+ Bronze 450 W power supply, but 500 W is preferred. If you have all these, only then consider moving to the 1060.

IF you could tell us your CPU and PSU, we can recommend the best GPU for your system.

Solution