Would a non-destructive mod to my Senn 558 Open Back Headphones be possible? (Ears get to hot.)

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
So, I got open back because over the ear headphones always make my ears get to warm. I'm sure this helped the issue but my ears still get way to warm, very quickly. Does anyone think it would be possible to adhere (non destructively maybe with Velcro) a small, light, battery operated, slow spinning fan over each earpiece on the outside? I don't want "wind" I just want a bit of air movement to refresh the air that's around my ears.

An odd request, I know.

Thanks.

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
It would definately be an interesting mod project. I did figure out that because of how the head band connects to the earpiece I could wrap the fan in a custom sewn piece of cloth that connects together with velcro and holds the fan in place.

Now, if only someone could point me to either a small fan that uses a light battery and has a low speed, or a way to mod a connector on a fan to run on low current. Since I do remember years ago you could get adapters for fans that purposely cut the amount of power that went to the fan in half to lower the speed/noise level I know that it should be possible. I was thinking of trying to take apart something that uses a AA or a large coin battery and splicing the wires to the fan.

New headphones? After hearing the difference in sound I couldn't go back to earbuds. :( Maybe ignorance was bliss.

TRENDING THREADS