[SOLVED] Would a normal psu fit here?

Solution
Yeah, no.

That's not going to happen. There aren't any 550w watt power supplies out there, good, bad or otherwise, that I am aware of in that TFX form factor.

An RX 580 isn't going to fit that case anyhow unless you either get a SFF/Low profile model or plan to leave the side panel off.

Your best bet, honestly, is to sell that system off to somebody and start from scratch with a new case, power supply, motherboard, CPU, etc. Dell workstations are not suited to be turned into gaming systems. Everything is either oddball or proprietary and that is by design. Rarely, does it ever work out.
No, it won't.

What is the service tag or express service tag number of that system? That is either a proprietary Dell power supply or possibly a SFF/TFX form factor unit. Hard to say for sure without being able to identify what system that is. Should be on a sticker somewhere on the case.

Jun 2, 2020
No, it won't.

What is the service tag or express service tag number of that system? That is either a proprietary Dell power supply or possibly a SFF/TFX form factor unit. Hard to say for sure without being able to identify what system that is. Should be on a sticker somewhere on the case.
Where do I find the tag

It should be on the case somewhere. If it is not on the case somewhere, then hopefully you purchased this new and have the original purchase documentation.

If you could take a GOOD picture of the label on the side of the PSU and post that, that might be helpful in identifying the form factor of the power supply.

Yep, that's an SFF (Small form factor) power supply. A standard ATX power supply will absolutely not work in there.

You are likely going to need a TFX power supply. What is the reason you are trying to upgrade the power supply? Bigger graphics card? If so, what model?

Yeah, no.

That's not going to happen. There aren't any 550w watt power supplies out there, good, bad or otherwise, that I am aware of in that TFX form factor.

An RX 580 isn't going to fit that case anyhow unless you either get a SFF/Low profile model or plan to leave the side panel off.

Your best bet, honestly, is to sell that system off to somebody and start from scratch with a new case, power supply, motherboard, CPU, etc. Dell workstations are not suited to be turned into gaming systems. Everything is either oddball or proprietary and that is by design. Rarely, does it ever work out.

Solution
Actually, no, it's not. Are you planning to run this outside the case or what? Because it's absolutely not going to fit inside the case where the factory one is located.

You need a GOOD 550w model, and that unit is neither good nor 550w. It's actually only 456w, based on 36A on the 12v rail. A poor quality unit with a falsely advertised capacity.

If you find an image of the specifications decal for the unit on the Cooler master website you can verify that it shows 36A. Multiple that by 12v and you have only 456w, WAY less than you need for an RX580. Cancel the order.

Then read this.

Jun 2, 2020
Actually, no, it's not. Are you planning to run this outside the case or what? Because it's absolutely not going to fit inside the case where the factory one is located.

You need a GOOD 550w model, and that unit is neither good nor 550w. It's actually only 456w, based on 36A on the 12v rail. A poor quality unit with a falsely advertised capacity.

If you find an image of the specifications decal for the unit on the Cooler master website you can verify that it shows 36A. Multiple that by 12v and you have only 456w, WAY less than you need for an RX580. Cancel the order.

Then read this.

I'm selling this PC and buying one that will fit an ATX psu. Thanks for letting me know how bad cooler master is when making psus, I'll get an EVGA one