[SOLVED] Would a PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT GPU box be sealed from factory?

May 2, 2021
Would a PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Red Devil be sealed from factory?

why I'm asking is because I'm affraid the local web shop has taken the good overclocking examples for them selves if it's opened box and the seal is broken and they will sell customers a worse binned GPU.

some webshops say cinebench tested/approved etc. But for me this is sketchy. Ofc a new product will work it's new, if not the customer will rma it anyways so this openings can't be justified for me.
For me I feel like they see which one overclocks good and not and then they keep those premiums for them selves within their contact net.
Why not just give the customer a untouched fair chance like everyone deserves. a unopened sealed box from the start sounds sketchy to me.

so my question to you guys is, if you was to go and pickup a let's say 6900xt or 3080 /3090 would you require sealed box? And are they sealed from factory does anyone know?
i just want to get what I pay for since it's already so expensive...

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Solution
Yes

If the box is not intact, with a seal on the flap to the box, you can return the GPU and ask for a refund. I'd advise on going to the store to purchase the GPU as opposed to getting it online since there can be a possibility that scammers can keep the money and the card for themselves.

Lutfij

Titan
Yes

If the box is not intact, with a seal on the flap to the box, you can return the GPU and ask for a refund. I'd advise on going to the store to purchase the GPU as opposed to getting it online since there can be a possibility that scammers can keep the money and the card for themselves.

Reactions: BloodyOC
Solution

TRENDING THREADS