Would a Radeon HD 7750 bottle neck an i5 4690k CPU? Or vice versa?

Elf_Knight

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I have an i5 4690K CPU that I got to use with a GTX 970 4gb. However my motherboard got fried so I am thinking of selling my 970 and using my old card (Radeon HD 7750 Saphire Edition) that stil works. Then I will use the money from the 970 to buy the rest of what I need since I can get cheap parts on Ebuyer.com or something like that. However, would this rig work if I got 8gb of ram and a 500 watt PSU? After a while I will save up for a GTX 750 Ti since that seems like a good budget card. Any thoughts people? Cheers!! :)

P.S. For now I do not want to do any overclocking. I just got the i5 4690k cause it was the cheapest i5 processor at the time though I really should have gotten an FX 6300 instead or something of the sort. Oh well!

Your CPU is very good.
On HD 7750 you will be problem with low detail on some games ;)
And yes GPU will be limiting factor for FPS in games :)
Your old motherboard model ?
Your PSU model and brand ?
You need answer for this two question becasue wee need find why your motherboard got fried, because if this PSU issue you need buy another or you fried another motherboard.

Elf_Knight

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I had an LGA 1150 motherboard and it got fried because on accident I bent some of the pins in the CPU socket. So I will get a similar motherboard from Ebuyer but a cheaper model. Also I am getting a 500 watt PSU for the 7750 because I will upgrade to the GTX 750 Ti when I have the money. I will probably get an EVGA PSU but I am looking at this standard ATX one on Ebuyer since it is only 10 quid. Here is the link: http://www.ebuyer.com/716466-extra-value-500w-psu-12cm-fan-3x-sata-atx-500b

Also I already know I need another motherboard and I need to upgrade my PSU because i was using an old 300 watt PSU but I should have been using a 500 watt one. Thanks though! :)

Please don't buy that PSU, I would definitely get a branded one. Cheap PSU's like that can and probably will be dangerous for your components and in some cases even dangerous for you personally.

http://www.ebuyer.com/413804-xfx-core-450w-fully-wired-80-bronze-power-supply-p1-450s-x2b9

That PSU is good quality and will handle that CPU with almost any single GPU graphics card.

That CPU is great for gaming and will last years, the graphics card you have will be limiting you at the moment but the GPU is much easier to upgrade in future than your CPU so it looks fine.

Elf_Knight

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Would the PSU you reccommended handle a GTX 750? I don't plan to do any overclocking but I want to upgrade in the future when I start earning and I am only using this graphics card for now since I already own it from my old rig. I won't get the PSU that I thought about earlier though. Cheers!! :)