[SOLVED] Would a Raspberry Pi 4 8gb be a sutible minecraft server?

Jul 20, 2020
Hey, some of my friends and i run a home Minecraft server on a Raspberry Pi 4, 4gb. As our server has grown it has been become significantly more laggy and almost to the point where it is unplayable. This only occurs when there is 6 or more people on. Do any of you recommend buying the 8gb of ram Raspberry Pi 4 and do you think that would help?
It would be great if someone had an answer.
Thanks
H

Solution
Hey, some of my friends and i run a home Minecraft server on a Raspberry Pi 4, 4gb. As our server has grown it has been become significantly more laggy and almost to the point where it is unplayable. This only occurs when there is 6 or more people on. Do any of you recommend buying the 8gb of ram Raspberry Pi 4 and do you think that would help?
Thanks
H
see if you are running out of ram on the pi, if you arent then its probably your cpu limiting you. minecraft is largely single threaded, so i am not surprised the rpi is struggling with a few players. consider switching to paper or tacospigot or another fork that could help with performance

kenzimarcel

Commendable
Feb 13, 2018
Thanks
H
see if you are running out of ram on the pi, if you arent then its probably your cpu limiting you. minecraft is largely single threaded, so i am not surprised the rpi is struggling with a few players. consider switching to paper or tacospigot or another fork that could help with performance

Reactions: HydraSucks
Solution
Jul 20, 2020

It may be the CPU i will see whether using tacospigot helps thanks.