[SOLVED] Would a RTX 3060ti be a good upgrade?

Jun 5, 2020
My build looks like this:

Ryzen 5 3600
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Corsair Vengeance RAM 16gb (x2 8gb)
WD 1TB HDD
Sabrent Rocket 256 GB M.2 NVME drive
Gtx 1050ti 4gb
Corsair TXM 650w 80+ Gold PSU
NZXT H510 case

With games getting more demanding on hardware I've been looking into upgrading my GPU. I built this system in June and recycled the 1050ti from my old build. I'm currently looking at the EVGA RTX 2060 8gb SC ULTRA and the ZOTAC RTX 3060ti 8gb cards. Which one do you guys think would be the best option or are they both fairly similar? Also, would these cards bottleneck my system in any way?

Solution
EVGA RTX 2060 8gb SC ULTRA and the ZOTAC RTX 3060ti 8gb cards , between this two, and if you don't mind paying the extra, the RTX 3060TI is the clear winner.

From all the benchmarks I read and saw the RTX 3060TI performs better than the RTX 2080 Super on every game.

As for your bottleneck question, what I can tell you is that if in the future you get a better CPU (for example a Ryzen 5 5600X) and depending on the resolution (1440p and below) you should be able to extract even more performance from the RTX 3060TI. Still the R5 3600 is a very capable CPU.

This is really a hard time to buy a GPU, stocks are really low and prices are insane, but on the other hand no ones really know for sure when will this get better.
They are not similar.3060Ti destroys the 2060 super in every aspect possible.And no they wont bottleneck,but dont worry about bottlenecks,just buy the best card u can buy for your money.Its way better not to care about bottlenecks since there is no 0% bottleneck match,there will always be 1 component stronger then the other,the best thing u can do is to buy the best components u can buy for you needs,and money.

Reactions: Slavskyyyy
EVGA RTX 2060 8gb SC ULTRA and the ZOTAC RTX 3060ti 8gb cards , between this two, and if you don't mind paying the extra, the RTX 3060TI is the clear winner.

From all the benchmarks I read and saw the RTX 3060TI performs better than the RTX 2080 Super on every game.

As for your bottleneck question, what I can tell you is that if in the future you get a better CPU (for example a Ryzen 5 5600X) and depending on the resolution (1440p and below) you should be able to extract even more performance from the RTX 3060TI. Still the R5 3600 is a very capable CPU.

This is really a hard time to buy a GPU, stocks are really low and prices are insane, but on the other hand no ones really know for sure when will this get better.

Solution

CDDogg

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2015
3060 is like night and day compared to the 2060. 3060 would be the best upgrade for performance, but the entire 30 series are real powerhouses. So power consumption and thermals are more of an issue for the 3060.

If you're looking to upgrade just the GPU, and leave your current setup as is, you'll want the 2060.

However if you don't mind the wait, and would be willing to upgrade your PSU and maybe even your case, then the 3060 is the best choice.