Would a USB WiFi adapter help strengthen/stabilize a connection?

MechaManDan

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2015
Hi all, my girlfriend is having a bit of an issue with her laptop. It's an old Asus k53e from I think about 5 years ago (She's gonna get a new laptop in the next few months but has to save up first). As of late, her laptop has just started dropping her internet connection for no reason, with the only solution being to restart her computer. Her modem is still perfectly fine when her connection drops, and everyone else is still connected to the wifi, which leads me to believe it's an issue with her laptop itself.

Would buying an adapter help her connection at all? If so, would this one be a good choice: https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-TL-WN725N-wireless-network-Adapter/dp/B008IFXQFU/ref=sr_1_8?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1538366130&sr=1-8&keywords=wifi%20dongle

Also I wasn't entirely sure if this was the right place to ask, so if it's not feel free to move/delete the post or whatever.

Thanks in advance!

Kashimi

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
That adapter should be a fine affordable option for her laptop until she can get a new one.

Spending more than $20 would be a waste of money, especially since I doubt shes doing and massive file transferring.

TRENDING THREADS