Question would an asus p8z77-v lx run GTX 2070 card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your current MOBO will support the RTX 2070, as it has 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 SLOT (blue) . Your board is a basic one though/Z77 chipset. You can upgrade if you wish, but for that you might be requiring a complete system overhaul, assuming you are buying the latest GEN CPUs. Yours is an old socket/1155.

Do you also have a compatible PSU to power up the card ? Which CPU do you actually have ? Because, the PCIe 3.0 speed is supported by Intel 3rd GEN Core processors only.

Last edited:
what board would be happy running 2070 card?

Your current motherboard should support the RTX 2070, IMO, so you can continue using it, if you don't want to change, and/or Upgrade your motherboard/system. I can't answer your question properly, since there are a quite few motherboard chipsets to recommend.

Do you also have a compatible PSU to power up the card ? Which CPU do you actually have ?

Apr 20, 2019
Your current MOBO will support the RTX 2070, as it has 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 SLOT (blue) . Your board is a basic one though/Z77 chipset. You can upgrade if you wish, but for that you might be requiring a complete system overhaul, assuming you are buying the latest GEN CPUs. Yours is an old socket/1155.

Do you also have a compatible PSU to power up the card ? Which CPU do you actually have ? Because, the PCIe 3.0 speed is supported by Intel 3rd GEN Core processors only.
yea power supply is corsair 750w no problems there what do you think about running the 2070?
so the board i have at the moment will handle it then the asus p8z77-v lx ...

yea power supply is corsair 750w no problems there what do you think about running the 2070?

What's the exact MODEL number of that Corsair PSU ? CX750M ? Wattage wise you are fine, though I can't comment on the quality/reliability of this unit, unless more details are known. Also, which CPU do you have ? Just make sure it doesn't bottleneck the RTX 2070.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019
Your current motherboard should support the RTX 2070, IMO, so you can continue using it, if you don't want to change, and/or Upgrade your motherboard/system. I can't answer your question properly, since there are a quite few motherboard chipsets to recommend.

Do you also have a compatible PSU to power up the card ? Which CPU do you actually have ?
got a corsair 750w

Status
Not open for further replies.