[SOLVED] Would an asus prime a520m-k be compatible with a ryzen 3 2200g

Apr 13, 2022
They both have a am4 socket, and the 520 is newer, I don't see why(with my limited knowledge ) they wouldn't be compatible, but pcpartpicker flags them as incompatible, is it a matter of bios? Or would they never work together, and if so, why?
The 520 is priced quite well where I live, so I thought it would be very convenient to get it, and upgrade the cpu later
thanks in advance

Here's the list of supported cpus for this board.
Ryzen 3 2200g is not in there. So it might work, might not. It is not supported.

Apr 13, 2022
What is your budget?
Basically non-existent
Everything here is very expensive, I mean a dollar is worth 17 pounds of my currency, which is alot, due to how bad the economy is here.
Iv done quite some research, the 2200g is perfect cuz there a few good deals on it, it's probably the best value for money I can buy in this country. Anything new gets an instant markup for no reason, espically intel products
Iv been wanting a pc for prob 5 or 6 years, and iv decided it's about time to part ways with my atom d510 and 2048 MB of ram
Thanks for asking and trying to help tho, I really appreciate it

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2022
How much is the 2200g going for? 4c/4t CPU, in 2022, just feels bad.
I mean, Iv been living in 2005 with my current pc, so the 2200g is a gigantic massive upgrade, even the simple fact it's 64bit is already a big diffrence.
Whatever cpu I choose it must have a decent igpu, buying a gpu here is a no no, I'd have to sell both my kidneys and maybe I could get a gtx 1050 (slight exaggeration but gpu's have aways been expensive here with tbe silicion shortage or without.)
The 2200g goes for around 1500 pounds, and there are also really good bundies including it, it really is the best value for money, even if by 2022 standards isn't "great" I'd still defiantly enjoy it