Would an athlon ii x4 bottleneck a 560?

atafies

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
Question in the title. I'm on a tight budget (800 bucks give or take, including OS, so 700 i guess) and so far I this is what i have:
budgetbuild.jpg

Its for graphic intensive games but only on a 720p TV so i figured i shouldn't need beef up the graphics much. Is the build ok? I'm worried that the processor might be bottlenecking the 560

EDIT: sorry about image, right click and open in new tab/window

Solution
You should really be asking this in the New Builds section, but that build looks really solid from what i can see (in terms of being a budget build).

I don't think the Athlon II X4 would bottleneck it, despite the lack of level 3 cache, it is still four cores clocked nicely, which should give good performance in games. If you want to really hammer the bottleneck away, get an after market HSF and over clock the CPU further.

The 560 is a nice choice, overkill for 720 however, but still a very nice choice and will hold up well if you upgrade your monitor to 1080.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
You should really be asking this in the New Builds section, but that build looks really solid from what i can see (in terms of being a budget build).

I don't think the Athlon II X4 would bottleneck it, despite the lack of level 3 cache, it is still four cores clocked nicely, which should give good performance in games. If you want to really hammer the bottleneck away, get an after market HSF and over clock the CPU further.

The 560 is a nice choice, overkill for 720 however, but still a very nice choice and will hold up well if you upgrade your monitor to 1080.

Solution

atafies

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011

Thanks, and you're right, I wasn't thinking about the forum i was in, I guess my main question was about the graphics card bottleneck, so I posted it here.