Question Would an external audio PCIE card help with the grounding that my headphones pick up?

barkersofgeraldine

Reputable
Nov 11, 2020
Hi team - recently bought a high-end headphones (Sony WH-1000XM5)

When I use the headphones on my PC using wired connection, it picks up static sound when the GPU is in full load - it is fine when just listening to music and everything else, but its really bad when playing games

Ive tried both the front and back audio socket and i still get the same problem

I purchased a cheap usb sound card for 2 bucks off trade me and it fixed the issue but because the sound card is cheapit also means lower sound quality

i was wondering if investing in a pcie card will solve my issue

its not an option to find out what component is causing the grounding. theres a lot of wires crossing. i was wonderin if a pcie card will fix my isusses instead

barkersofgeraldine

Reputable
Nov 11, 2020
Why are you using wired connection with wireless bluetooth headphones?
Use bluetooth (like it's supposed to be used).
If your pc doesn't have wifi/bluetooth capability, then get pcie wifi/bluetooth card.

um because wired connection is better sound quality than bluetooth?? thats my understanding of things. also, i notice a delay (albeit very slight) in sound. that delay, even though its only a millisecond, matters a lot when i play games

i have a bluetooth card, and it works fine bluetooth, but the sound quality is so different than wired, and also i get the slight 0.00004 delay

TRENDING THREADS