[SOLVED] Would an MSI 2060 12GB be a good pair with a Ryzen 5 2400G for a few months until I get a new CPU?

Solution
Forget bottleneck. That's a stupid term. There's Always a perceived bottleneck in everything you do. Some games are more cpu heavy than others, some games are more gpu heavy than others.

A bottleneck only applies to a benchmark where cpu output cannot keep up with gpu ability or vice versa and that's only in comparison to other equipment.

For anyone else, it's a moot point, irrelevant, BS terminology.
It’ll play those games. I know GTA can be maxed out without issue. The others I’d expect at least high settings.

The CPU will be decent for most games. Maybe not some recent AAA titles designed for current gen consider. But there’s lots of good games you could play in the meantime. GTA wouldn’t be an issue. Not sure about the rest you listed. But if those other two you mentioned came out with the PS4. They are likely fine.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ignore the cpu. That's basically irrelevant as the only thing it supplies is fps. The gpu is all about eye-candy.

So the question becomes 'is the 2060 going to get the eye-candy I want' for an assumed 1080p, for the latest games.

It'll do alright, you'll be looking at mostly @ 100fps to 150fps, a few games higher, some games lower. And that's with the 5600x.

Nov 10, 2022
Ignore the cpu. That's basically irrelevant as the only thing it supplies is fps. The gpu is all about eye-candy.

So the question becomes 'is the 2060 going to get the eye-candy I want' for an assumed 1080p, for the latest games.

It'll do alright, you'll be looking at mostly @ 100fps to 150fps, a few games higher, some games lower. And that's with the 5600x.
So this should be fine to run without worry of bottleneck?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Forget bottleneck. That's a stupid term. There's Always a perceived bottleneck in everything you do. Some games are more cpu heavy than others, some games are more gpu heavy than others.

A bottleneck only applies to a benchmark where cpu output cannot keep up with gpu ability or vice versa and that's only in comparison to other equipment.

For anyone else, it's a moot point, irrelevant, BS terminology.

Solution