[SOLVED] Would an MSI monitor with AMD freesync ability affect my gameplay if i have a GeForce/Intel build?

Bryce-iwnl-

Prominent
Mar 28, 2019
Monitor that i plan to use:
MSI Optix G24C4 Full HD 24" Curved LED Gaming Monitor - Black

My Specs:
GeForce GTA 1070
Intel i7-9700
16GB ram

Solution
Okay, so there is no need for me to turn off the freesync option in the monitor settings right? (thank you for your help btw)

Nope, no need, just in nvidia driver enable Nvidia Gsynch and your freesynch would work.
Before they were competitors, Freesynch and Gsynch, but Gsynch monitors are a lot more expensive, so people don't buy them as much and Nvidia was forced to make a driver, when you enable Gsynch it is compatible with Freesynch and works on Freesynch monitors.
Okay, so there is no need for me to turn off the freesync option in the monitor settings right? (thank you for your help btw)

Nope, no need, just in nvidia driver enable Nvidia Gsynch and your freesynch would work.
Before they were competitors, Freesynch and Gsynch, but Gsynch monitors are a lot more expensive, so people don't buy them as much and Nvidia was forced to make a driver, when you enable Gsynch it is compatible with Freesynch and works on Freesynch monitors.

Reactions: Bryce-iwnl-
Solution

Bryce-iwnl-

Prominent
Mar 28, 2019
I don't have the "Set up Gsynch " option in my NVIDIA control panel under the Display menu, i see other people have it but i do not get that option for some reason... :/

Bryce-iwnl-

Prominent
Mar 28, 2019
HDMI, could that be the problem? Because i used DVI on my last one however i didnt realize this monitor does not come with a DVI...so i was just being dumb really haha i have ordered a DP cable yesterday and now it is all good, i have turned Gsynch on so it should be all good now, thanks for your help man!