Would an RX 470, FX 8320e, and an MSI 970A-G43 Plus be a good combo

ClassV

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2016
Hey guys, I am currently in the works of upgrading my PC. I am looking at some parts and I have narrowed it down to an FX 8320e, MSI 970A-G43 and a Sapphire RX 470 8GB. ( I know 8GB is a little overkillish for my budget, but it is on sale) Basically what I am asking is a few things. Would there be much bottlenecking? I know it is always there but will the cpuhold the card back too much. Is the MOBO any good? Don't know if it could handle the card and GPU smoothly. Would all of this be a nice combo? I am sticking with AMD ( I know intel chips are better) mainly because I find they are better on lower budget. Can you answer all this for me? I will check on it and reply if you have any questions for me, also I am pretty strict on this budget atm. I have all the other parts in my current build too. THANKS ALOT

Solution
That is a balanced setup, yes. The card and CPU should be great together. The card's 8GB VRAM is a bit much right now for 1080p, but things will change. If you need to lower the cost any, the 4GB model might be more practical.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
That is a balanced setup, yes. The card and CPU should be great together. The card's 8GB VRAM is a bit much right now for 1080p, but things will change. If you need to lower the cost any, the 4GB model might be more practical.

Solution

ClassV

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2016

Appreciate it, thanks alot mate.

TRENDING THREADS