[SOLVED] would an RX560 sapphire pulse 2GB or an RX 550 4gb work on ASRock N68C-S UCC?

Sep 16, 2019
MY Processor is AMD Athlon II x4 635 @2900 Mhz.
8GB Of Crucial (4GB x2) DDR3 -!333 Mhz PC3 10600 UDIM
I'm also considering a GT 1030 2gb.
Would any of these cards be supported.
Many thanks for any help would be great. đź‘Ť

Solution
Hi jay it states on their website that "it states in the site that it needs " PCI Express® 2.0 or higher version based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard in order for the card to be compatible with. " I have 1 X16 graphics slot on board, but no mention of PCI Express 2.0..it just says PCI Express on the ASRock via CPU-Z
Ah....I may have missed that.

I am finding conflicting info. The pic I pasted says it's 2.0.
The one link lead you to believe it's 1.0. Not sure at this point.

https://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/49068-n68c-ucc-pci-x16-version.html

https://www.hardwaresecrets.com/asrock-n68c-s-ucc-motherboard-review/2/

ASRock N68C-S UCC
Descriptive...
Sep 16, 2019
I think they should work and I think the CPU should support them although I don't think I would go much above the 560 with that CPU.
Hi jay it states on their website that "it states in the site that it needs " PCI Express® 2.0 or higher version based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard in order for the card to be compatible with. " I have 1 X16 graphics slot on board, but no mention of PCI Express 2.0..it just says PCI Express on the ASRock via CPU-Z

Ah....I may have missed that.

I am finding conflicting info. The pic I pasted says it's 2.0.
The one link lead you to believe it's 1.0. Not sure at this point.

https://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/49068-n68c-ucc-pci-x16-version.html

https://www.hardwaresecrets.com/asrock-n68c-s-ucc-motherboard-review/2/

ASRock N68C-S UCC
Descriptive Statistical
CPU SocketSocket AM2+SLI Support1 graphics cards
CPU Compatible MakeAMDCrossfire Support1 graphics cards
CPU Chipset7025Onboard GPUyes
Form FactorATXPCI Slots
  • 1 x PCIe x1 v2.0
  • 1 x PCIe x16 v2.0
Max RAM8 GB DDR3
8 GB DDR2
SATA 1.00
RAM Slots2 x DDR3
2 x DDR2
SATA 2.04
Memory Channels2SATA 3.00
Compatible RAM Speeds
  • DDR2 1066 MHz
  • DDR3 1333 MHz
RAID Supportno

Reactions: seedaripper1973
Solution
Sep 16, 2019
I think they should work and I think the CPU should support them although I don't think I would go much above the 560 with that CPU.
I'm getting a bit mixed up with the quoting business jay, lulz. so, a GT 1030 should work (if i take that screen shot as verbatim?)
Oh i've just check the specs on the GT 1030...

ďż˝
I/O & Connectivity
InterfacePCIe 3.0 (x16)
Connectivity
  • 1 x DVI-D DL
  • 1 x HDMI 2.0b
Now i know that HMI 2.0b is backwards compatible, is the same for the PCIe????

I'm getting a bit mixed up with the quoting business jay, lulz. so, a GT 1030 should work (if i take that screen shot as verbatim?)
Oh i've just check the specs on the GT 1030...

ďż˝
I/O & Connectivity
InterfacePCIe 3.0 (x16)
Connectivity
  • 1 x DVI-D DL
  • 1 x HDMI 2.0b
Now i know that HMI 2.0b is backwards compatible, is the same for the PCIe????
PCIe is backwards compatible.

Hi jay, i've just purchased a GT 1030 SDDR4 2GB ( i realise it's the inferior one to the GDDR5 version) my question is, will it work just fine with my AsRock MB for 4k/60Hz viewing (as mentioned before i'm not interested in gaming) cheers đź‘Ť
"for 4k/60Hz viewing "
Obviously not for gaming.
As far as for video.....I am not sure....I don't do video much.....just games....maybe post a new thread about this.