Would buying higher modules of ram affect my build?

Oct 22, 2018
For example if I have 2 of my slots filled with 2 4GB modules of 3200mhz would I be able to fill the other 2 slots with 2 8GB modules of 3200mhz? Or would the difference of capacity affect the way my pc performs or straight up not ?

Thanks!

Dugimodo

Distinguished
Should be fine, but there's no guarantee any time you mix RAM. But worst case, try it and if it doesn't work sell the 2 x 4. 16gb is still plenty for most uses.

RAM is finicky and for the best chance at stable performance is best bought and used in matched sets. Anything else is basically a try it and see situation.
Some people seem to get away with all kinds of different RAM working together, it's just luck of the draw.

Oct 22, 2018

Sorry I had forgotten to mention that the modules are from the same set (this set ) Where all the ram specs are the same, the only thing I wanted to know is if the higher capacity of the ram would affect something

Doctor Rob

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
higher capacity ram will just give you more ram :) though not 100% sure you asked that..

just an FYI some motherboards like to only have 2 sticks of ram instead of 4 sticks then you can run at the rated speed.. as some boards have more issues having all slots populated and running at the rated speed. Check your manual before you order if you want 4 sticks instead of 2 sticks if you were going to like 16GB total of ram.