[SOLVED] Would doing a factory reset on a 2 day computer slow it down at all?

Jan 29, 2020
I got a new computer a few days ago, It uses windows 10 and I set it up but I watched a video on setting it up after, the tech guy showed he used certain settings for privacy during the initial setup and I just clicked random settings not really knowing what I was doing. If I reset the computer and just start over could it slow it down at all? I know on a computer with alot of files resetting it would speed it up, but what about doing it on a brand new computer? Would that make it slower than just leaving it how it is now?

Jan 29, 2020
I use this after setup , I choose only the recommended settings tab:
https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10
Thanks Ill check that out. Something that threw me off was that windows 10 changed their first time use process, they used to allow you to setup offline accounts. Now theyve changed it to force you to create an online account and also I had to enter my name on multiple sections. Weird thing is I put my wifes name on one of them but left the email part blank. Im still not able to find her name on any account or anywhere on the computer so I wondering what that was all about, or if maybe it just didnt save that part since I didnt enter the email address with a name. Do you have any Ideas as to why I cant find her name anywhere? I have no clue why it asked for the name a second time because even on the online account my name is on it. (the first name I entered on setup)

Jan 29, 2020
Never had that issue , but Windows 10 has had issues retaining profiles for quite some time.
Hmm.. Ok. But it was 2 different ways of how it asked me to enter my name. The first one just asked for my name, then the next slide was email, then adjusting settings, after that another slide came up asking for my name and email this time (on the same slide). It didnt seem like it was just a reload because the slides were different, its like they were trying to set up multiple online accounts but never told me what was being created. I was never able to find whatever that second name was on.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Thanks Ill check that out. Something that threw me off was that windows 10 changed their first time use process, they used to allow you to setup offline accounts. Now theyve changed it to force you to create an online account and also I had to enter my name on multiple sections.

The only way to get an offline account is to d/c PC from internet before running set up. Otherwise it forces you to use a Microsoft Account as login or helps you set one up. Win 10 Home only, Pro users have a way to still make offline accounts during setup.

And as BlackInk guessed, it made you set up a Microsoft account as part of user creation. If you click in Start and click on your user, and click change account settings you likely find your email address you entered is listed here. Bonus is your licence for PC is now tied to your email address. Peehaps. Hard to say with OEM PC.

TRENDING THREADS