Question Would dual channel help with persistent stuttering rather than single i am currently using single

Mar 2, 2019
I have a gtx 1050 ti 4gb,Ryzen 5 2400g and single 8gb of corsair ram but I am constantly experiencing stuttering would dual channel help at all and an ssd ?

D

Deleted member 14196

It may help somewhat but I don’t think that’s the main issue. I think we have to find the proper version of the graphics drivers for you and make sure your internal GPU is turned off

Reactions: compprob237

compprob237

Distinguished
I have a gtx 1050 ti 4gb,Ryzen 5 2400g and single 8gb of corsair ram but I am constantly experiencing stuttering would dual channel help at all and an ssd ?
An SSD will help with load times and maybe small stalls in game while assets load (traveling quickly through an area, for example). Dual channel merely increases RAM throughput which can help in some instances (large data transfer request) but not constant stuttering.

I'm with @Mandark in thinking it might be the game using the built-in GPU of the 2400G. Although, the GTX 1050 Ti isn't the most powerful GPU either it is still significantly better than the RX Vega 11 in that 2400G.

Mar 2, 2019
It may help somewhat but I don’t think that’s the main issue. I think we have to find the proper version of the graphics drivers for you and make sure your internal GPU is turned off
An SSD will help with load times and maybe small stalls in game while assets load (traveling quickly through an area, for example). Dual channel merely increases RAM throughput which can help in some instances (large data transfer request) but not constant stuttering.

I'm with @Mandark in thinking it might be the game using the built-in GPU of the 2400G. Although, the GTX 1050 Ti isn't the most powerful GPU either it is still significantly better than the RX Vega 11 in that 2400G.
Yeah what I meant when I said constatenly stuttering was like for example far cry new dawn when played on low to medium settings it plays smooth but sometimes when I shoot or turn around it stutters I had heard some people say dual channel helps

Yeah what I meant when I said constatenly stuttering was like for example far cry new dawn when played on low to medium settings it plays smooth but sometimes when I shoot or turn around it stutters I had heard some people say dual channel helps

I would go with dual channel because you might see a difference and could solve the shuttering in your games that way if you buy another 8gb same ram your computer will go more better with 16GB. SSD is also good because i put my windows 10 on there and it starts much faster and loads up faster.

compprob237

Distinguished
A stutter like that is usually data transfer from memory into the limited size VRAM. So, another stick of RAM to give you dual channel will likely help in this case. The real cause of the stuttering is built in to my explanation: Not enough VRAM. I have the same problem with my GTX 970 4GB on newer games. A stutter or stall like that is caused by data needing to be in the frame buffer (VRAM) that wasn't there for the scene you were looking at before you turned.

You could try turning down texture quality. That frees up a decent chunk of VRAM at the cost of image quality. I think there's others like anti-aliasing settings that when turned down reduce the VRAM load. You could also try this: Open Nvidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> Global Settings (tab) -> Texture filtering - Quality -> change to "Performance" -> Click "Apply". You could give those a try since they're free. If changing those settings doesn't help then it's probably time to pick up that second stick of RAM. Just make sure you get the same make and model to give you the best chance at plug and play. Thankfully RAM's gotten somewhat affordable recently.

Mar 2, 2019
A stutter like that is usually data transfer from memory into the limited size VRAM. So, another stick of RAM to give you dual channel will likely help in this case. The real cause of the stuttering is built in to my explanation: Not enough VRAM. I have the same problem with my GTX 970 4GB on newer games. A stutter or stall like that is caused by data needing to be in the frame buffer (VRAM) that wasn't there for the scene you were looking at before you turned.

You could try turning down texture quality. That frees up a decent chunk of VRAM at the cost of image quality. I think there's others like anti-aliasing settings that when turned down reduce the VRAM load. You could also try this: Open Nvidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> Global Settings (tab) -> Texture filtering - Quality -> change to "Performance" -> Click "Apply". You could give those a try since they're free. If changing those settings doesn't help then it's probably time to pick up that second stick of RAM. Just make sure you get the same make and model to give you the best chance at plug and play. Thankfully RAM's gotten somewhat affordable recently.
Thank you I appreciate your help I will try lowering settings and I probably will by another stick of ram and ssd

Reactions: compprob237