would finger pressure on an led screen damage it?

Raptor xxx

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014
so i have samsung S24D390HL pc monitor, i accidentally pressed too hard on the screen would this cause any harm? another question : i noticed that at the bottom of the monitor,the bezel doesn't stick to the screen itself i mean there's space between the bezel and the screen,i can see some light sources through that space,anyway i tried to stick the bevel to the screen by pushing it too hard towards the screen but at the end i gave up and it didn't stuck,so the question is: is pressing on the bezel just like pressing on the screen? or there are hardware components behind the bezel that may fail if being pushed too hard? or it just varies from a monitor to another?

Solution
The ink dot is quite small. I am not sure if it is on the surface, and may be able to be wiped off gently with some isoporopyl alcohol.

The gap is a doozy. Hard to close that with tape alone. Another crappy Samsung product; I would bring the thing back if I could.

Raptor xxx

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014

thanks,well i can't notice any defect on my screen (except for a small black spot, i can't decide whether it's a defected area or it's just dirt, i tried to remove it by wiping it away but i couldn't), anyway the gap between the bezel and the screen is much bigger (in my case) than the one u showed me in that link shoud i cover it? or just iet it be?,anyway iam still worried that i might have damaged something on my screen, is there anyway to check my monitor? for an example any issues detector software?
this is the black spot : http://imageshack.com/a/img538/2562/C0MWz3.png
and this is the gap: http://imageshack.com/a/img911/2764/eUwu0W.png
first u see the image u might think of the gap as a reflection but trust me it is a gap :)

The ink dot is quite small. I am not sure if it is on the surface, and may be able to be wiped off gently with some isoporopyl alcohol.

The gap is a doozy. Hard to close that with tape alone. Another crappy Samsung product; I would bring the thing back if I could.

Solution
I constantly poke my screen while trying to help my relatives navigate. Unless you punched it (even then they're hard to damage) it's fine. I have an older Asus model that has light leak on all edges, not caused by physical harm to it, just a crappy cheap panel. To me that pic looks like dirt or something on screen. I don't see any bad pixels, but that's just me.

Raptor xxx

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014

true,iam definitely not going to buy any samsung montiors anymore,unfortunately they won't allow me to replace it or bring it back (at least not in my country :( ) but thanks anyway :)

Raptor xxx

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014

thanks, actually i got rid of that spot,first i thought it was dirt so i tried hard to scratch it by my nails but it didn't go away,so it left me no choice but using power so i pressed too hard on it several times until it disappeared,i don't know what it was,maybe dead pixels !

Raptor xxx

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014

UPDATE:now I HAVE a problem,when i checked the place i pressed too hard,while it was off, i could see a big dark spot,first i thought it is a finger print so i tried to wipe it off but it didn't go away,so that led me to believe that it's some sort of a dimple maybe?! http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img913/8701/UZKB9N.jpg , now the question is are lcd panels are solid or flexible and how flexible/solid are they? is it really possible that i made a dimple on the area i pressed too hard on? or it's just illusion?!

Raptor xxx

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014

oh i see, so from what i understand,one can't cause a dimple on a screen by just pressing on it,and the only problem that may occur by doing so is either dead/stuck pixel?,i would replace it asap but it's not even possible,they would just blame me :)

Raptor xxx

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014

haha XD i appreciate ur help,thanks :)