Would getting a separate sound card than my onboard fix issues with onboard audio?

afd1314

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016
I just want to be 100% certain before shelling out $100-$150 on a soundcard that it will fix issues that I have with my current onboard audio. I currently do not have the money to replace my mobo as if I were to be getting a new one, I would want to upgrade not get the same or downgrade. My current audio will randomly start crackling and sounding like static because my onboard audio is messed up in some way i can't figure out. I have replaced every part in my pc except my mobo so I am positive it is the issue. I am looking for a fix for this by getting a soundcard. From what I've read, the soundcard will take over the audio for my mobo so would this more than likely fix my audio issues?

Solution
If the onboard audio is the issue, a sound card would fix it. Every part shouldn't have been replaced to fix an audio issue. The only parts to troubleshoot would be the headphone/speaker/audio device or onboard sound.

afd1314

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016
Thanks. I know that every part wouldn't have helped but I was in the process of upgrading my pc when I got my mobo and it was the first thing I got so everything else being replaced afterward was just a coincidence. Thank you for your answer.