Would greatly appreciate advice on Headphones & Mic for Gaming, please.

joeyhiggins112

Prominent
Jun 15, 2018
Hi,

I've been looking for a few weeks ( not very in intensively in all honesty) for a good but affordable combo of Headphones (preferably open ear) and Microphone to game with & Use discord daily.

Also i'd really appreciate it if you could recommend a good affordable sound card as i use the G933's USB sound card at the moment for surround sound. I prefer 5.1 over the 7.1 DTS surround sound after trying them both on & off for the time i've had the headset.

These will be replacing my G933's from Logitech as they're just incredibly uncomfortable after a years worth of use and i'm fed up of the rubbish mic quality on them.

The main use for them will be gaming on MOBA's & FPS such as the new Realm Royale. I'll also be using the mic to talk with friends daily on Discord.

I don't have a huge budget which is why i just can't seem to find an affordable combo at the moment. I'd be ok with spending £200-£300 if possible but i 'could' stretch to £400 if the headphone & mic you suggest are going to pair incredibly well together and last for a long time.

Thank you very much for any help in advance

Kind Regards,
Joe

Solution
While being a little expensive at 300$ I think the a50's are great headphones for gaming with exceptional quality: https://www.astrogaming.com/shop/headsets/a50-headsets/

However if you're looking for a combo of a good microphone and headset I would buy them seperately, going with something like the Blue Yeti (200$) and Corsair Void Wireless (98$).

I think the balance is very important, you can have a decent microphone and great headphones or a great microphone and decent headphones. It depends on which you prefer

RazerMoon

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017
While being a little expensive at 300$ I think the a50's are great headphones for gaming with exceptional quality: https://www.astrogaming.com/shop/headsets/a50-headsets/

However if you're looking for a combo of a good microphone and headset I would buy them seperately, going with something like the Blue Yeti (200$) and Corsair Void Wireless (98$).

I think the balance is very important, you can have a decent microphone and great headphones or a great microphone and decent headphones. It depends on which you prefer

Solution

unspeakable

Notable
Oct 13, 2017
I’d suggest buying Multiple Asus Cerberus headphones. Sound quality is amazing for $15 (sale price which is always) (regular price is $50). They get extremely loud. Enough to have a somewhat decent surround sound in a very small room. Or you could buy some expensive.

joeyhiggins112

Prominent
Jun 15, 2018

Thank you very much