Question Would having one of my monitors conencted to the cpu instead of GPU impact my performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert308

BANNED
Sep 20, 2019
I currently have a Gtx 1080 with two monitors connected to it and a third connected to my motherboard would it be worth getting a hdmi to display port so i have all three connected to my GPU?

ElliotJ456

BANNED
Oct 29, 2019
You should keep the monitor connected to he motherboard as Keeping the monitor connected to the CPU will make only a slight increase in temperature but not huge amounts. and it allows your GPU to render better rather than having it support multiple monitors at one given time.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Depends on your situation. If your CPU usage is already high, then adding more workload to it is going to hamper it's performance. If your graphics card is already under a heavy load, then adding a third display to that is going to hamper performance. If neither is under load, then it doesn't really matter which way you go.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: dotas1

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I currently have a Gtx 1080 with two monitors connected to it and a third connected to my motherboard would it be worth getting a hdmi to display port so i have all three connected to my GPU?
You should keep the monitor connected to he motherboard as Keeping the monitor connected to the CPU will make only a slight increase in temperature but not huge amounts. and it allows your GPU to render better rather than having it support multiple monitors at one given time.

Why are you replying to yourself?

Reactions: Barty1884
Status
Not open for further replies.